Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Almost...

Maplewing came off the needles about two weeks ago, and I suddenly realized that I needed blocking wires. A few friends said they would lend theirs, and after trying to remember who they lent them out last to (or trying and failing to locate them); I ordered a set for myself.

The wires arrived yesterday evening. After evening duties were completed, I soaked the shawl for about 60 minutes in wool wash. Seven wires were painstakingly wound through the outer points and central "spine" panel. After shaping and re-pinning the shawl, I checked my watch and realized that it took 140 minutes!!! On top of this, the only space large enough to pin it out was the queen size bed that I sleep in, so sleep was found elsewhere in the house.
The shawl increased 55% in length and 75% in width.
Look for final pictures in the near future!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!

Guinifer said...

No sleep for a shawl's sake?

That's dedication.

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

It's amazing and beautiful! : )

twinsetellen said...

It looks like a sleeping (and beautiful) moth arrayed on that hosta. I can't wait for the final pictures!

Ro said...

This is gorgeous! I just bought this pattern. It's great to see it worked up. Well done.