The koigu bit/'monster' socks are complete! These are all ready wrapped and under the tree. The recipient gnabbed them out of my bag when they were on the needles a few weeks ago and made sure to show me that they were a perfect fit. (Almost like this person knew they were for her.)
These are the first pair of socks I've knit on 2 circulars with US 1s. They both have a crease up the sides from the needle switching. This goes away after their first wash.
It's amazing to look at left-over sock bits in balls, then see them when knitted together. They look entirely different~ I thought the blue would blend better with the yellow/orange sections. I could have blended them together a-la-Charlotte Web style, but there were tens of ends to weave in as it was. This wouldn't be a big deal if the first 4 colors didn't blend well together. Ahh, well. knowledge for next time.
Last winter I knit the first sock below-- "Bittersweet" Lorna's Laces Sport on US 1s in a 4x1x1x1 rib. I pulled it out of the sock drawer of shame last week and have knit about 1/2 of the second. So far, so good. You know, knit bright colors to dissuade Seasonal Affective Dissorder and all... :)
Unfortunately, I've added to the drawer in recent history. If the color wasn't as bright, one might not have noticed it's departure.