Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Looking for a Knitting Break?

Clara is 93 years young and is just a gem. Her recipes from the Depression era are not only thrifty, but they look mighty tasty as well. My family may not have ever been this inventive when cooking with potatoes, onions, and oil over and over again. I've embedded episode #3 instead of #1 because her reason for quitting school is quite surprising, and it's fun to see her grandson and friends dig into her just-off-the-stove meal. Enjoy!

3 comments:

woolyjooly said...

Love it! I make a similar recipie called 'Polish Potato Casserole' - only it has cabbage too - layered with onions, potatoes and garlic sausage with a roux of milk, butter and flour. YUM.

Guinifer said...

Hmmm, I may need some of those recipes sooner rather than later...

Anonymous said...

oh, I love this! I have to watch the other ones.