Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sock Drawer of Shame

Welcome to my living room. Innocuous -- perhaps even a bit dull, until you know that every bit of storage is full of, you guessed it- yarn! Bag on the door- socks. Basket- random skeins/projects. The "Yarnoire" is packed. In the bottom right-hand drawer I've kept a secret up until last week when Renee stopped in for a visit.
Yes, it's the Sock Drawer of Shame. Akin to The Island of Misfit Toys, this is where my sock projects take a well-deserved time out. As you can see, the drawer is more than 1/2 full of unfinished projects. Here is the very bad toe-up Jaywalker mentioned yesterday-- on KP #0 dpns, I see. Love the Azure Malachite colorway.
I'm allowing myself to 'play around' with toe-up heel flap possibilities for a week, and then I must return to the Lizard Ridge and Sockapalooza 4 projects until they're absolutely, 100% complete.








8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hmmm...what's the orange thing in the lower left had corner of the sock drawer of shame? Looks bright.

renee said...

Good for you for opening up! Admitting you have a problem is the first step :-)

Guinifer said...

hee hee hee - you make me feel laugh. Don't feel badly, I have one or two of those misfit socks hanging around.

Miss T said...

I'm curious about that orange thing, too. Very intriguing color.

Diane said...

hummmmm if you close the door it's like they aren't even there ..... and if you put a row of sock yarn over the top you wouldn't even see the socks when you opened the door .... I'm just saying.

I use to throw the offending projects on waste yarn, toss it in a plastic bag from the grocery store, open the closet, and toss it in with the promise that I'd finish it sometime in the future.

Now I just frog everything. Why? Because the truth is I've never taken a single project off the waste yarn and actually finished it. Knitters ADD.

Holly said...

And what is really cool is the numbers of sock needles you have. Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one with a bejillion sets.

Odie said...

Purple socks!!! I hope that you are my Socka Pal and these are mine!

I have knit ONE Jaywalker sock and I find it very tight. Dont like the knots all the way on my sock. Maybe Ill frog that..

Deepa said...

Aha, I know what the orange thing is! It's the entrelac insanity, isn't it? Confess! No wonder it's lying abandoned in the drawer.

Don't worry, you're in good company. I have a few sock UFOs myself, but unlike you, am constrained by the number of dpns.

I might finish a Rock Star Jaywalker yet this week. Miracles might happen.