Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Berry Lozenge

The sun came out for a lunch-time visit before settling in for an afternoon nap.
As luck would have it, I had just finished the first of the hard-to-photograph Trekking XXL color #76 (Berries) sock. This is the first touch of sun that we've seen for days! The color is spot on here on my monitor. (whew). The Saturday Como ladies kept calling the undulating ribs 'lozenges', thus the name Berry Lozenge socks. Here's what they look like in a lighter colorway with lozenges down the instep. I continued in rib after turning the heel.

The yarn is a bit darker then this photo, although the rib is perhaps a bit clearer.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, that's a neat pattern! Very nice for the Trekking.

I love your shoes, BTW. What brand are they?

Stacey said...

those are nice - the pattern really shows off the yarn!

Diane said...

Beautiful socks. Glad the rain stopped for a little while.

Deepa said...

That sock is absolutely gorgeous. And the name fits to a T. My second pomatomus beckons but I need a pattern I can knit without a chart. This might be just the ticket!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That color indeed was hard to photograph! But I really like the pattern you used, very nice. : )

Elemmaciltur said...

Hmmmmm....Berry Lozenge!!!