Monday, August 13, 2007

Wollmeise has arrived!

After approximately 3 weeks by sea, the Wollmeise arrived at my door. I'd recommend air shipping-- the wait seemed too long for all knitters who ordered yarn with us!

Raku-Regenbogen (Raku Rainbow, medium)
All skeins were washed upon their arrival. This softened up the wool dramatically. I couldn't help but cast on with Raku-Regenbogen shortly after it dried! I'm sure you recognize the popular pattern. Surprising how different it looks in the skein and knit up, huh? I think they're both absolutely gorgeous, though. These socks will be a holiday gift.

Pfauenauge (Peacock, medium)
Unfortunately, this is someone else's skein. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous? Look how the color emulates and nearly matches the peacock feather.

Poison No. 5 (bright), Sultan (medium), and Pfauenauge once again.
Again, these aren't my skeins- except for the sock above.

More Wollmeise to come...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! If the colors are even half as vibrant in person as they are on my screen, it was worth the wait!

Elemmaciltur said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh.......Wollmeise...*dreamy looks*

jae said...

The colors are wonderful!! (Of course I'm partial to the peacock, lol)

StaceyR said...

drool......they are so beautiful!!!!

Guinifer said...

The skein I am working with (which my pal from Amsterdam sent to me) did not need to be washed at all - it's much kinder on my hands than other sock yarns I've used with such a tight twist.

I don't know what ANY of the names of mine mean.

Diane said...

Wow those are to die for!

fluffbuff said...

It never occurs to me to wash my yarn before knitting, but I think I'll try that with the Wollmeise skein I have. Thansk for the tip!