Monday, January 14, 2008

Socks: 2 WIPs & 2 FOs

The official switch from DPNs to 2 circular needles hasn't occured, but it's just so darn easy to throw these into my bag when in transport!

The pink/blue socks are basic stockinette and knit with Jitterbug yarn from Colinette. As bright as they are I thought I'd forgo any possible pattern~





The Socks In the Cities Knit-a-long has monthly contests, and I won a skein of Fleece Artist Somoko. It's a lovely Merino/Nylon/Silk/Kid Mohair blend, and is a dream to knit with! Love the shimmer and the soft feel of this two-ply.
The pattern is really simple-- it's just traveling stitches on Stockinette-- a modified "Swirl Sock".
Looking back through the blog archives, these socks were started in February of 2007. Less than a year later, complete.














Purple Trekking XXL-- lovely colorway (66?) Undulating Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

look at all the socks!!! nice!

Miss T said...

Beautiful. Your Jitterbugs are striping! I love them!

Guinifer said...

Wow - you sock maniac! Now I feel like a slacker.

Elemmaciltur said...

Lawdy...I seriously need to finish up my UFOs.