Monday, January 7, 2008

Water Whorl Knitting

On New Year's Day I visited a great spot for indoor knitting in Minnesota's metro area.

Attractions:
1. Lots of Warmth
2. Space for knitting friends & lively conversation
3. Coffee shop
4. People watching
5. Greenery!





The Como Conservatory (officially the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory) is one of those nearly forgotten spaces. Most weekends I drive right by and never think about stopping in. It has plenty of nooks & crannies with benches and comfortable spots to sit, talk, and knit away the afternoon.

7 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Lovely pictures! I have not been to the conservatory in ages... I think the last time was for a wedding back in the late '80s. (!!)

Miss T said...

I do the same thing--forget to stop in--even though the conservatory is one of my favorite places in town.

Jillsknit said...

I LOVE the Conservatory. I make sure to get there at least once a year.

Jess said...

Oh, I love the conservatory! Some of my favorite kid pictures were taken there, it's so pretty.

I love your koi pictures!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I bet the Arboretum has some good knitting spots too.

Unknown said...

It looks heavenly - what a great spot!

Kitt said...

How lovely and fun!

You could knit some felted fish there. (I would link to the Fiber Trends site, but they don't sell the pattern anymore. You can still find it in some shops, though.)